After working with hundreds of nonprofits and social change organizations, we know the kinds of daunting challenges you face. We know how difficult it is to find and retain good employees, and keep them engaged once they arrived. We know there is increasing demand to prove outcomes; demand that strains personnel and finances. We know the unpredictability of your operating environments, including state and federal policy and budget decisions that imperil your funding. To help you deal with these and other challenges, New Chapter Coaching has the following portfolio of capacity-building programs and services:
Coaching helps you identify and focus on the goals you want to achieve. Coaching is the most highly evaluated leadership development tool among nonprofit leaders. Research shows that people who work with coaches are more likely to see increased productivity, improved self-confidence, and improved communication1.
Roundtables are another option for leadership coaching, but in a peer setting. In our roundtables, a small group of nonprofit leaders come together once a month to create a high-trust, collegial community to learn best practices, share successes and challenges, and lend support to each other to achieve their goals.
Team Buildings, Workshops, and Facilitation
We are master facilitators with the ability to facilitate groups of all kinds for all purposes. Our sessions are known to be thoughtfully designed, interactive, and practical. Participants leave our sessions with actionable ideas for how to improve their performance and strengthen their organization.
- Team Building – Every nonprofit leader wants a high-performing team; let us help you make that happen this year. We’ll assess your team’s needs and then design a curriculum to strengthen your team using Clifton StrengthsFinder™, one of the world’s leading personality assessments, The Five Dysfunctions™ Team Assessment, 2nd by Patrick Lencioni, or a customized design.
- Skill-Based Workshops/Board Trainings – Your employees are your greatest investment and their skills don’t develop on their own. Let us help you build them. We offer a host of standard workshops and trainings, as well as customized content to meet the unique needs of your team.
- Board Retreats/Meetings – Let us help you get the most of your time together by designing and facilitating your next retreat or meeting. We’ll make sure meeting objectives are met, conflict is handled productively, and participants leave feeling reconnected to the mission and reenergized to do the work.
- Employee Engagement – Want to reduce turnover, increase productivity, or improve employee satisfaction? Let us help you develop a plan to drive your team’s performance using the world’s leading employee engagement tool.
- Community Facilitation – We know how to bring diverse people together for collaborative processes to build relationships and tackle essential community issues.
Our consulting services focus on helping nonprofits assess their operating environments and evaluate their performance in order to make actionable changes that support sustainable growth.
- Strategic Planning – We can help you visualize and plan your organization’s future with goals, strategies, and performance metrics. You’ll know what success looks like and the path you need to take to achieve it. Plus, our plans don’t sit on shelves; they get implemented. We’ll help you be sure of that too.
- Executive Transition Management – Change is coming; the only question is whether you’re ready for it. We can help you get ready (including succession planning) and to deal with the changes when an executive or senior leader leaves your organization.
- Organization Capacity Building Assessments – We can help you size up where your organization stands today; its effectiveness and capacity. This is extremely helpful before strategic planning or major organizational changes.
1 2009 ICF Global Client Study