As a leader, it is difficult to find time and/or money to invest in your growth and development. However, it is critical to not only your personal success but the success and sustainability of your organization.
Coaching is one of the best ways to invest in yourself. In a recent study, 82% of executive directors rated coaching higher than any other professional development strategy. But what is coaching? Our favorite definition is adapted from Sir John Whitmore “Coaching is the process of unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their own performance and the performance of those around them.”
At New Chapter Coaching we want to be your partner in this investment. Here are the nuts and bolts of coaching program:
- We will work together to determine the right number of the coaching sessions. Generally, we recommend 12.
- Sessions usually take place every two weeks, lasts 50 minutes, and are held at New Chapter Coaching’s office.
- During the sessions, you are the driver! You determine the focus and it can be anything from a taming the whirlwind of the day-to-day management, to building a specific skill(s), to a reaching long-term goal … and the list can go on but it is about what you want and need to grow professionally.
- Each session ends with you creating accountability items. At beginning of your next session, your coach will review the items with you in order to measure and evaluate your progress.
- We also offer support and guidance in between sessions in the form of exercises, readings, videos, other or other resource material. We also encourage you to communicate with your coach in between sessions to deepen learning and hasten your progress towards goals. It is as simple as an email or …phone a coach!